SMDP Tanzania 2013
Phone: (603) 862-0764
Fax: (603) 862-3878
The Carsey Institute at the University of New Hampshire
73 Main Street
Durham, NH 03824
SMDP Tanzania 2013
November 11-22, 2013
Registration currently closed
MASTERCARD FOUNDATION APPLICATION DEADLINE:
NOTE: This information is from the 2012 program, updated 2013 information will be posted soon!
The SMDP Tanzania 2012 is a follow-up training to the historic Arusha Savings Groups Summit held last October and attended by 265 practitioners from 46 countries. This two-week training workshop will bring together several of the leading trainers, researchers, and thinkers working on the cutting edge of savings groups development. In week two, we will also offer a course in Pro-poor Enterprise and Value Chain Development, which begins online before your arrival in Arusha and incorporates specific elements of value chain finance into the curriculum.
The SMDP Tanzania 2012 offers a variety of courses from introductory to advanced practitioner and from two days to a week long. Almost every course offered will include field visits to give participants an opportunity to explore some of the rich financial services landscape of the Arusha area.
The SMDP Tanzania will be held at the Snowcrest Hotel in Arusha. The Snowcrest features spectacular, contemporary architecture, sophisticated extensive interiors—and the largest, most advanced conference facilities in Arusha, Northern Tanzania. Arusha city is the safari base of the world renowned "Northern tourist circuit" that includes Mount Kilimanjaro, Mount Meru, Serengeti National Park, Lake Manyara National Park, the Ngorongoro Crater (commonly known as the eighth wonder of the world), Tarangire National Park, and Arusha National Park, to mention just a few.
Faculty for the SMDP Tanzania 2012 will include Hugh Allen, Ann Gordon. Malcolm Harper, Peterson Karanja, Brett Hudson Matthews, George Mkoma, Lillian Njeru, and Paul Rippey. See the Faculty Bio page for full biographies.
We are pleased to be able to offer a number of full and partial scholarships from the MasterCard Foundation for African women practitioners. A limited amount of travel funds will also be available. Please refer to the Registration and Cost page for full application details.
Who should attend?
- Operations Managers
- Field Supervisors of NGOs or federations that build village-based MFIs
- Program Officers
- Credit/field Officers
- Business Development Officers
- Church Development Directors
- Staff of savings group programs who have the authority to decide about linkages and inviting other service providers to have access to their groups, or who have broad authority in implementing projects for results
- Other service providers and development professionals who are interested in the possibility of efficiently extending outreach by working through savings groups
- About Us
- Policy and Research Areas
- Carsey Initiatives
- Carsey Research
- Center on Social Innovation and Finance
- About the Center on Social Innovation and Finance
- Professional Programs
- Undergraduate Resources
- Applied Research
- Upcoming Events
- Community and Environment in Rural America
- Master of Arts in Development Policy and Practice
- NH Listens
- Stonyfield Entrepreneurship Institute
- Sustainable Microenterprise and Development Program
- Tracking Changes in the North Country
- Carsey on Campus